You can marry in a CofE church if you can show the following.
That one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
Refer to yourchurchwedding.org if you would like further details.
PARISH OF FRESHFORD WITH LIMPLEY STOKE AND HINTON CHARTERHOUSE PAROCHIAL FEES AND LOCAL CHARGES FOR MARRIAGE SERVICES
Parish Churches: St Peter, Freshford; St Mary the Virgin, Limpley Stoke, St John the Baptist, Hinton Charterhouse
The Parochial (Statutory) Fees are set by the Archbishops' Council and the Local Charges by the Parochial Church Council. The Local Charges are for the optional features which the church can provide, and will only be charged if you choose these options. All fees and charges are revised annually; those set out below are effective for the year 1st January to 31st December 2016
Statutory fees £
Publication of Banns (payable in each church where banns are being read) 27.00
Certificate of banns having been read (where law requires) 13.00
Marriage Service1 415.00
Marriage certificate (at registration) 4.00
Marriage certificate (subsequently) 10.00
Local charges £
Bells (St Peter’s - Full peal of 6 bells) 120.00
( " " - or - per bell) 20.00
Bells (St John’s - carillon of 3 bells) 40.00
Pew candles (St John’s only) 30.00
Heating(if reqd & subject to prevailing weather conditions) 50.00
1. Includes making of arrangements, administration and attendance of parish representative at wedding.
2. Only made if required.
3. 'Per session' ie further similar charge made for any or each rehearsal.
4. No bells are available at St Mary's for weddings.
Unless otherwise advised, all fees and charges should be paid by cheque in favour of ‘Freshford, Limpley Stoke and Hinton Charterhouse PCC'. Thank you.
Published with the authority of the PCC, January 2016.